Traffic shaping for multi WAN
Currently the traffic shaper is done per interfaces. In the absolute this is not wrong but can be enhanced for multi wan.
People using multi WAN (load-balancer, fail over, ...) might not have the similar available speed per interface.
Let's say :
- WAN1 is 300mb/s down and 50mb/s up
- WAN2 is 25mb/s down and 1mb/s up
- Multi WAN is set for fail over (WAN1 is default until it fail and switch for WAN2)
Currently on the traffic shaper you'll have :
- Possibility to shape WAN1 (upload - 50mb/s)
- Possibility to shape WAN2 (upload - 1mb/s)
- Possibility to shape LAN (download - 300mb/s and 25mb/s depending on fail over)
Sadly in this kind of configuration if you setup LAN for 300mb/s (which is the main WAN speed for download), it will be totally wrong for the fail over WAN2. The QoS will not work as is it utterly higher than 25mb/s.
My request is to allow n configuration for LAN, allowing to switch for the proper configuration, depending on the WAN interface used. I'm not sure it's possible, but still feel it could be a great enhancement for home, small enterprise or any business company usage.
Feel free to ask me more question if you didn't quite understood my request.