Add Dashboard System Information support for more PC Engines APU boards
Plus Target Version:
Running pfSense 2.4.4-p3 on a PC Engines APU4.
In the Dashboard System Information panel - a PC Engines APU4 board appears as a generic pfSense system (see attached screen shot).
Steps to reproduce:
1. Obtain PC Engines APU4 board
2. Update BIOS to v220.127.116.11 (although this likely impacts earlier APU* Coreboot BIOS releases)
3. Install pfSense 2.4.4p3
4. Configure basic WAN/LAN settings
5. Login to pfSense web console
6. Observe generic system information
Output from command
dmidecode -t 1
# dmidecode 3.1 Scanning /dev/mem for entry point. SMBIOS 2.8 present. Handle 0x0001, DMI type 1, 27 bytes System Information Manufacturer: PC Engines Product Name: apu4 Version: 1.0 Serial Number: xxxxxxx UUID: Not Settable Wake-up Type: Reserved SKU Number: 2 GB Family: Not Specified
/bin/kenv -q smbios.system.maker -> PC Engines
/bin/kenv -q smbios.system.product -> apu4
Updated by David Burns about 1 year ago
We have a growing selection of these boards (together with Netgate hardware). Any chance of a generic fix in the next Plus release?