Support DNS server gateway selection on ``system.php`` for multiple gateways not assigned to interfaces
When pfSense only has a single interface with upstream gateway configured but multiple manually added gateways. The gateway selection drop down in General Settings > DNS is not shown.
Updated by Jim Pingle 3 months ago
- Tracker changed from Bug to Feature
- Project changed from pfSense Plus to pfSense
- Subject changed from DNS Server Gateway Selection missing to Support DNS server gateway selection on ``system.php`` for multiple gateways not assigned to interfaces
- Category changed from Web Interface to Gateways
- Priority changed from Normal to Low
Currently that is the correct and expected behavior. To activate Multi-WAN support, multiple interfaces must have a gateway set on the interface itself. If they are dynamically addressed, this happens automatically. If they are static, you have to pick the gateway on the assigned interface.
That said, that may not be the best way to determine whether or not that field should appear on system.php for DNS servers. While not a bug, we can look into adding support for that scenario in the future.
In the meantime you can always use manual static routes.