Reorganize CARP status page
The CARP status page at
status_carp.php could be improved a bit. For example, the page refers to CARP VIPs as "CARP Interfaces" in a couple places. They haven't been separate interfaces in quite some time, so the terminology is somewhat confusing and ambiguous. There are some other parts of the page that could be improved as well.
The following changes should be made to the page:
- Put the buttons at the top of the page under a new section header "CARP Maintenance"
- Change the section header "CARP Interfaces" to "CARP Status".
- Change the column header "CARP Interface" to "Interface and VHID"
- Change the column header "Virtual IP" to "Virtual IP Addresses"
- Change the section header "pfSync Nodes" to "State Synchronization Status"
- Change the list header "pfSync Nodes" to "State Creator IDs"
- Add an info block under the "State Creator IDs" list with text similar to the following:
When state synchronization is enabled and functioning properly the list of state creator IDs will be nearly identical on each node participating in state synchronization.
Updated by Viktor Gurov almost 2 years ago
Updated by Jim Pingle over 1 year ago
- Status changed from Resolved to In Progress
- Assignee changed from Viktor Gurov to Jim Pingle
This could use one small change, to add a note/link in the info block saying the user can set a custom filter host ID under the HA settings. That feature wasn't implemented yet when this issue was created.