/var/spool/lock Directory missing on nanobsd
We use ALIX Boxes for our OOB (Out of Band) Solution and connected USB-Serial Adapter to the Box.
For the Serial Console connections we use the in the FreeBSD included "tip" tool like here but we get the following error:
- tip ucom1
/var/spool/lock/LCK..cuaU0: No such file or directory
Can't open lock file.
all ports busy
As a workaround we created the missing directory:
- mkdir -p /var/spool/lock
- chown uucp:dialer /var/spool/lock
Then the connection is possible to open.
Is it possible in future versions to create this directory?
Also there seems to be a problem when you try to connect a GPS device as seen here: https://redmine.pfsense.org/issues/2443
#1 Updated by Chris Buechler about 4 years ago
- Subject changed from /var/spool/lock Directory missing to /var/spool/lock Directory missing on nanobsd
- Category changed from Console Menu to Operating System
- Status changed from New to Resolved
- Target version set to 2.2.3
- Affected Version changed from 2.2 to All
- Affected Architecture deleted (
only missing on nano since its /var/ is a RAM disk. I added its creation and ownership setting to rc.embedded