ifconfig syncpeer fails with IPv6 address
When running CARP in an IPv6 only environment I get this error during bootup:
Apr 22 14:11:32 fw002-ac php: rc.bootup: The command '/sbin/ifconfig pfsync0 syncdev nfe0 syncpeer fda8:affe:cafe:8ab4::1 up' returned exit code '1', the output was 'ifconfig: error in parsing address string: hostname nor servname provided, or not known'
As it looks to me the ifconfig command cannot handle this address. When I invoke this command manually with an IPv4 address it doesn't output this error.
To me it looked more than naturally to use IPv6 ULA for my dedicated HA links between my two routers. Obvisouly this can't be handled by pfsense.
#1 Updated by Chris Buechler over 3 years ago
- Subject changed from ifconfig syncpeer fails with IPv6 ULA address to ifconfig syncpeer fails with IPv6 address
- Status changed from New to Resolved
- Priority changed from High to Normal
- Target version changed from Future to 2.3
- Affected Version changed from 2.2.2 to All
pfsync syncpeer only supports IPv4. Added input validation to prevent invalid configs.