AES-NI hardware crypto not always displayed in information widget
The /var/log/dmesg.boot snapshot file appears to be created too early in the boot process resulting in hardware crypto information being missing from the snapshot.
Attached are the /var/log/dmesg.boot file and the output of dmesg from my SG-4860.
#2 Updated by Chris Buechler about 5 years ago
- Subject changed from Hardware crypto not displayed in information widget to AES-NI hardware crypto not always displayed in information widget
- Category set to Web Interface
- Status changed from New to Confirmed
- Priority changed from Normal to Low
- Affected Version changed from 2.2.4 to All
It's definitely less than ideal, especially given it doesn't reliably work. dmidecode is not an alternative though, as it doesn't show AES-NI capability. Even if it did, it wouldn't tell whether or not it's enabled.