2.4 Package Manager: Does Not List Installed Packages which have been removed from the repository.
Upon upgrading to pfSense 2.4, I was unable to perform the recommended approach to move from freeradius 2.x to 3.x because 2.x would not appear in the list of installed packages (so I could uninstall 2.x).
The workaround was to uninstall the package via the command line:
pkg delete <pkg name> -y
Note: "pkg info" will still list the pkg as being installed, as will the services dialog/etc even upon logout/login. I did not try a reboot.
I don't know if this is the case for other packages.
Addendum: v2.4 effectively breaks freeradius 2.x - the service will not start.
#1 Updated by Kill Bill over 2 years ago
#2 Updated by Jim Pingle over 2 years ago
- Project changed from pfSense Packages to pfSense
- Subject changed from 2.4 Package Manager: Does Not List Freeradius 2.x to 2.4 Package Manager: Does Not List Installed Packages which have been removed from the repository.
- Category set to Package System
- Assignee set to Renato Botelho
- Target version set to 2.4.2
It may still be a bug though. The package is indeed gone from the server-side database but it's still installed locally. It has to be removed, but it appears that the GUI won't let you since it isn't listed.
Ideally, the package should still show up in the list of installed packages so that it can be removed from there, and marked as having been removed upstream.
I suspect this may also be in some way related to #7917