Issues related to keys representing alphabetic characters specific to Scandinavian languages and to some other keys.
Description of problem: Issues related to keys representing alphabetic characters specific to Scandinavian languages and to some other keys.
Version-Release number of selected component: pfSense-CE-2.4.2-RELEASE-amd64.iso
How reproducible: Assumed keyboard type used is Finnish (model: pc105, layout: fi,us).Steps to Reproduce:
- Launch installation process.
- Select 'Finnish ISO-8859-1' -> Test 'finnish.iso.kbd keymap'.
- Enter characters one by one (which means without keeping any keys pressed down); among them some have to be specific to Finnish language (ä, ö) or to available Scandinavian language (å).
- Once installation is completed and system rebooted, select option 8; Once in shell environment, in the login section repeat the test related to characters.
- Step 3. – When sample of characters tested contains exclusively characters specific to ASCII and those not specific to Scandinavian languages, then they are displayed as expected within the testing field.
- Once Scandinavian characters are present among the tested characters sample, then as a result the frame of the tested field gets partially damaged ().
- Characters eligible for testing where all tested and are with no exception displayed in accordance with their physical keyboard respective keys.
- Step 4. – Only alphabetic characters specific to ASCII are systematically displayed in accordance with the physical keyboard.
- At last all alphabetic characters specific to Scandinavian languages (ä, ö, å) (Finnish belongs to it) as well as more than half of the others keys are not displayed in accordance with the physical keyboard.
- As well one by one entered characters specific to Scandinavian languages to have an immediate effect in display.
- Borders of the testing field frame not to be damaged when characters specific to Scandinavian languages are among the tested characters.
- Pfsense run on Linux, as virtual machine on QEMU/KVM virtualisation platform.
In Virtual Machine Manager, as hardware option Display Spice, Keymap: Auto.
Note (related to the tools present in this bug report interface): In some cases the function cannot be applied to an expression which is itself contained within another expression while function applies to this latter.
No data to display