Project

General

Profile

Feature #8742

Remove some legacy code in auth.inc

Added by Luke Hamburg about 1 year ago. Updated about 1 year ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
-
Category:
User manager
Target version:
Start date:
08/03/2018
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:

Description

For completeness, I'm posting a redmine for this. Copy and pasting from PR3969:
https://github.com/pfsense/pfsense/pull/3969

There is a compat issue between PHP's $2y$ bcrypt hashes and older versions of FreeBSD, which used $2b$. However, that issue was fixed long ago in rS284483 and appeared in FreeBSD 11.0-RELEASE. This patch just removes that bit of legacy code, and another few of lines just after it "Convert ascii to unicode" that also appear completely unused. I checked for any other uses of those $astr/$ustr vars and found none. I tested this on my lab unit: Created some new user accounts, and tested login/logout/change password functions. Worked fine.

This was sparked by a recent discussion on r/PFSENSE:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PFSENSE/comments/93yezl/setting_user_passwords_in_config_xml_file/

History

#1 Updated by Jim Pingle about 1 year ago

  • Category set to User manager

#2 Updated by Jim Pingle about 1 year ago

  • Status changed from New to Feedback

PR was merged earlier today.

#3 Updated by James Dekker about 1 year ago

Tested on 2.4.4.a.20180803.1120 (gitsync'd to master), looks good.

#4 Updated by James Dekker about 1 year ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to Resolved

Also available in: Atom PDF