GRE and GIF tunnel inside addresses missing after applying changes on assigned interface
Starting from scratch if you create a new GRE interface and assign+enable it, the inner address on the tunnel interface is missing. Even re-saving the GRE interface does not bring it back.
After a reboot, the expected addresses are present.
Doesn't appear to affect the current release, only snapshots, so possibly from a recent change.
Updated by Jim Pingle 2 months ago
Also worth noting that the addresses are present when the GRE is first created, and only disappear after assigning/enabling and applying changes:
- Create GRE: Inside addresses are present.
- Assign interface: Inside addresses are present.
- Check enable, change name, save: Inside addresses are present.
- Apply Changes: Inside addresses are missing.
Updated by Jim Pingle 14 days ago
- Subject changed from GRE tunnel inside addresses are missing after assignment to GRE and GIF tunnel inside addresses missing after applying changes on assigned interface
This also applies to GIF interfaces. Additionally, it doesn't happen on assignment but any time changes are applied.