Firewall rule entries can get out of sync when entries are deleted while other administrators are editing entries simultaneously
Admin A logs in to Firewall
Admin B logs in to same Firewall
Admin A would like to create a firewall rule
Admin B would like to create a separator
If the two admins execute the changes at the same time, under certain conditions existing firewall rules will be deleted!
Steps to reproduce
- Admin A creates one additional firewall rule. (Admin A does NOT yet click on apply.) The rule is now visible at the top of the list.
- Admin B creates one separator. The separator is now visible at the bottom of the list.
- Admin B clicks "save" on his separator.
- Result: The firewall rule in the bottom position is deleted and is replaced by the new firewall rule.
I have already created a forum post on https://forum.netgate.com/topic/171774/rule-disappears-when-multiple-admins-edit-rules-and-separators. We think it is worth mentioning and improving
Updated by Jim Pingle over 1 year ago
- Priority changed from Normal to Very Low
This is a known issue throughout the GUI, it isn't unique to rules. Any items in any area accessed by array index 'id' instead of a unique value specific to each entry have the same problem. For example IPsec tunnels and certificates are OK, but rules, OpenVPN instances, and others are not.