Project

General

Profile

Actions

Bug #1366

closed

Restore configuration / Restore area not working

Added by Marcello Silva Coutinho about 11 years ago. Updated almost 7 years ago.

Status:
Rejected
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
-
Category:
-
Target version:
-
Start date:
03/21/2011
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
Plus Target Version:
Release Notes:
Affected Version:
2.0
Affected Architecture:
All

Description

when trying to restore just alias or VLANS I get a "sucess operation / may be require reboot" but nothing goes to xml or gui, even after a reboot.

When i've tried to "merge" a xml backup from 1.2.3 to 2.0 includind 50 alias/VLANS with lots of ips/descs and correcting tags form 1.2.3 to 2.0 on xml file I get a sucessfull "ALL" restoring/reboot.
After that(reboot) I can see the alias and the VLANS but can't assing vlans to interfaces. I've had to edit each VLAN imported and press save. After that I could apply vlans on my interfaces.

Actions #1

Updated by Chris Buechler about 11 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Rejected

you cannot restore parts of a 1.2.3 config to 2.0, it gets merged but it never shows up because the config is completely different and only full configs get converted. related to #1367

Actions #2

Updated by Marcello Silva Coutinho about 11 years ago

Marcello Silva Coutinho wrote:

when trying to restore just alias or VLANS I get a "sucess operation / may be require reboot" but nothing goes to xml or gui, even after a reboot.

When i've tried to "merge" a xml backup from 1.2.3 to 2.0 includind 50 alias/VLANS with lots of ips/descs and correcting tags form 1.2.3 to 2.0 on xml file I get a sucessfull "ALL" restoring/reboot.
After that(reboot) I can see the alias and the VLANS but can't assing vlans to interfaces. I've had to edit each VLAN imported and press save. After that I could apply vlans on my interfaces.

i've change the tags to fit 2.0 configs

<alias>
<name>VPNPorts</name>
<address>1723 500 1701 4500</address>
<descr><![CDATA[L2tp and PPTP ports]]></descr>
<type>port</type>
<detail><![CDATA[PPTP||L2TP||L2TP||L2TP]]></detail>
</alias>

so ignore 1.2.3 to 2.0.

i want to include some alias by hand, following 2.0 xml sintax with all tags and CDATAS but parcial restore doe not work.

I alway did this type of change configs/migrations on 1.2.3 and I want to know if it is possible on 2.0.
what's the difference of including by gui or via xml edit.

Actions #3

Updated by Marcello Silva Coutinho about 11 years ago

Le me explain better.

create two alias with some ports or ips.

backup your config.

delete one alias not applied to any rule "accidentally".

try to restore only your alias configs.

you get a sucessfull restore but nothings get back on gui nor on xml.

simple as that, forget manual edits/migrations.

please reopen the bug.

Actions #4

Updated by Chris Buechler about 11 years ago

It works, I've tested every possible edit/change/etc., when you feed it valid config data it works. Even your exact alias pasted into the <aliases> section restores fine. Deleting, adding and changing aliases works fine.

Actions #5

Updated by Marcello Silva Coutinho about 11 years ago

Chris Buechler wrote:

It works, I've tested every possible edit/change/etc., when you feed it valid config data it works. Even your exact alias pasted into the <aliases> section restores fine. Deleting, adding and changing aliases works fine.

I just did it before posting, so I dont't know what i'm doing wrong. My pfsense 2.0-RC1 (i386) was
built on Sun Mar 20 02:20:38 EDT 2011
I've also tested with X64 RC1 avaliable for download on site.

If I do a Full restore it works, but i've got no sucess on partial restores.

Any ideas where I can find what I'm doing wrong?

Actions #6

Updated by Max Riedel about 11 years ago

Marcello Silva Coutinho wrote:

Chris Buechler wrote:

It works, I've tested every possible edit/change/etc., when you feed it valid config data it works. Even your exact alias pasted into the <aliases> section restores fine. Deleting, adding and changing aliases works fine.

I just did it before posting, so I dont't know what i'm doing wrong. My pfsense 2.0-RC1 (i386) was
built on Sun Mar 20 02:20:38 EDT 2011
I've also tested with X64 RC1 avaliable for download on site.

If I do a Full restore it works, but i've got no sucess on partial restores.

Any ideas where I can find what I'm doing wrong?

Are partial restores supposed to be merged into config.xml immediately and not just only after a reboot? If that's the case it doesn't work for me either on this snapshot (Sun Mar 20 02:20:38 EDT 2011 i386).
I tried to restore sections filter and/or shaper from a config.xml backed up from a March 13th snapshot. Afterwards I checked config.xml, but the changes weren't there. I did NOT reboot.
A manual cut/copy/paste into config.xml worked and after /etc/rc.reload_all the changes were reflected in the gui too (without any errors in the logs, so I assume the config.xml snippets were valid)

Actions #7

Updated by Chris Buechler almost 7 years ago

  • Target version deleted (2.0)
Actions

Also available in: Atom PDF