scrub random-id + PPPoE + IPsec + communication to LAN IP = kernel panic on 32 bit
Started almost here https://forum.pfsense.org/index.php?board=16.0
But I am not sure is it all have the same reason to panic
For me it is reproducible. I have configured WAN as PPPoE and LAN too, also I have "Insert a stronger id into IP header of packets passing through the filter." enabled. If I create mobile client tunnel in IPSEC, no matter wich way it's created, I can connect successfully, but if I try to open pfsense homepage via LAN address, then pfsense immediately crashes, sometimes it crashes right after ipsec connection is up. If I disable Insert a stronger id into IP header of packets passing through the filter." option in pfsense, then ipsec works and no more kernel panics.
Fatal double fault: eip = 0xc0da5cd2 esp = 0xe0783fd0 ebp = 0xe0784114 cpuid = 1; apic id = 01 panic: double fault cpuid = 1 KDB: enter: panic
#1 Updated by Chris Buechler about 6 years ago
- Subject changed from Some configuration options and IPSEC simultaneously — kernel panic to scrub random-id + PPPoE + IPsec + communication to LAN IP = kernel panic on 32 bit
- Status changed from New to Confirmed
- Priority changed from High to Normal
- Affected Architecture i386 added
- Affected Architecture deleted (
subject updated to what appears to be the specific issue here. this is a very unusual circumstance. The other issues in the linked thread seem different, will create a separate ticket there after narrowing down what that problem is.