system_advanced_notifications.php - Multiple issues with fields on the page
#1: The E-Mail auth username and password fields are filled in by the browser's auto-fill, which is insecure and annoying. Very easy for someone who isn't paying attention to accidentally save their firewall credentials here.
#2: The value of many fields on this page do not save:Under growl:
- "Registration Name" does not save, config shows it empty, is replaced with default value on page load.
- "Notification Name" does not save, config shows it empty, is replaced with default value on page load.
- "IP Address" does not save, config shows it empty, is blank on page load.
- "E-Mail Server" field, does not save, config shows it empty, is blank on page load.
Programmer had changed the input names such that they no longer matched the config system nasmes (again)
#9 Updated by Steve Beaver over 5 years ago
- Status changed from Confirmed to Feedback
- Assignee changed from Steve Beaver to Jim Pingle
The only way I can think of to prevent autofill is to change the name of the field to something random~is, then change it back again on submit. Please see if this fixes the issue for you.
#10 Updated by Jim Pingle over 5 years ago
- Status changed from Feedback to Confirmed
Sadly it appears as though browsers have decided they know better than page designers what forms need auto-fill. FF and Chrome both ignore autocomplete=off now for whatever the browser believes are username and password fields. The odd thing is that on 2.2.x this form does not get auto-filled, but some other places do (e.g. proxy settings on the System > Advanced, Miscellaneous tab). Must be something in how bootstrap formats the fields that makes the browser believe it's a login form.