carp_status.php - CARP VIPs are not displayed
On carp_status.php the CARP VIPs and status are not displayed. The Enable/Disable and Maintenance Mode buttons are there, and the pfsync nodes are displayed, but no VIPs.
I have a CARP VIP defined, CARP is enabled, VIP is present on the interface at the OS level, but no VIPs on the page.
#2 Updated by Steve Beaver almost 4 years ago
- Status changed from Confirmed to Feedback
- Assignee changed from Steve Beaver to Jim Pingle
THis page holds the distinction of being hte worst conversion of the project, by far. Not only was the formatting rubbish, but hte log was:
if(errors > 0)
else if(errors == 0)
#4 Updated by Jim Pingle almost 4 years ago
- Status changed from Feedback to Confirmed
- Assignee changed from Jim Pingle to Steve Beaver
- % Done changed from 100 to 0
The VIPs are listed now but the behavior isn't right.
I have one VIP and it is actually in MASTER status, CARP is enabled already.On the status page:
- The Enable/Disable button is marked "Enable CARP" even though it's already enabled. It should be showing "Disable CARP"
- The VIP status shows "Disabled" even though the status is actually MASTER for the VIP.
#5 Updated by Jim Pingle almost 4 years ago
OK it's much improved after the commit:9e4bb20, but two issues I can see now that it's this far:
- The "Enter Persistent Maintenance Mode" button does not function. Clicking it does not enter maintenance mode (it should perform the action and then the button should switch to say "Leave [...]" instead of enter.
- If you manually demote the box using "sysctl net.inet.carp.demotion=240" the error text shows on the page as expected, but the reset button inside the error message does not properly reset net.inet.carp.demotion back to 0.
I can move those to another ticket if you'd prefer.