firewall_rules.php: Moving a rule separator before naming/saving breaks it
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a new separator
2. Drag separator from bottom of the page
3. Name and Save separator
Separator does not exit edit mode, a new one appears on the bottom of the page with the saved text.
4. Save the page
Both separators, edit mode and "saved" disappear
- A separator in edit mode is not movable
- Saving a separator works even after moving
Updated by Steve Beaver over 5 years ago
- Subject changed from Moving a rule separator before naming/saving breaks it to firewall_rules.php: Moving a rule separator before naming/saving breaks it
- Assignee changed from Steve Beaver to Esa Varemo
- % Done changed from 100 to 0
This is why developers shouldn't do QA. I would never have thought of trying that :)
Preventing the separator from moving during an edit seemed like a good idea, but it does not prevent a user from moving a firewall rule below the separator and breaking it in the same way as reported here. We could lock the entire table during edit, but that seems a bit drastic.
I have allowed a separator in edit mode to be moved and saved in place.