AutoConfigBackup Restore Actions column missing due to long XMLRPC sync merge strings in the configuration description
On a backup firewall in an HA cluster, when the backup has been triggered by a merged-in config the "Configuration Change" text can be very long.
On Google Chrome this forces the "Actions" column to be invisible.
The following css resolves the issue, although I'm not sure if it belongs in the core or the package:
Updated by Brett Merrick over 4 years ago
- File Screen Shot 2017-08-28 at 1.18.28 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-08-28 at 1.18.28 PM.png added
- File Screen Shot 2017-08-28 at 1.21.19 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-08-28 at 1.21.19 PM.png added
ACB has a problem displaying messages with long strings of text without spaces.
PFBlocker generates messages that contain long strings of text without spaces.
I have suggested a fix that will accommodate any package that generates messages with long strings of text without spaces by allowing the message to "break-word".
Here is another example of a message that doesn't wrap, and with it a screengrab after the css is added.
Updated by Kill Bill over 4 years ago
Yeah, you have suggested a fix for an issue that noone could reproduce due to bad description and the screenshots coming 15 months late. :-P
Besides, I'd say the issue would be better avoided by not using such craptastic format for log messages: https://github.com/pfsense/pfsense/pull/3809
Updated by Jim Pingle over 4 years ago
- Project changed from pfSense Packages to pfSense
- Subject changed from AutoConfigBackup Restore Actions column missing to AutoConfigBackup Restore Actions column missing due to long XMLRPC sync merge strings in the configuration description
- Category set to Backup / Restore
- Assignee set to Brett Merrick
- Target version set to 2.4.0
- Affected Version set to All
- Affected Architecture All added
- Affected Architecture deleted (
Fixed description, PR was merged.