Checking advanced DHCP config checkbox breaks option to ignore DHCP lease from specific IP
When the advanced DHCP configuration option checkbox is checked for an interface setup as a DHCP client, such as the WAN interface, the config option to ignore leases from a certain DHCP server is no longer included in the actual DHCP server config file and therefore no longer has any effect. This change modifies the DHCP_Config_File_Advanced function to include the "reject x.x.x.x;" line if applicable in the advanced configuration as well. My proposed fix that I am currently using in my environment has also been submitted as Github PR #3054.
This bug also appears to a regression from 2.2.x since the "DHCP Advanced configuration" option did not exist and the option to ignore leases form a particular IP worked properly.
- Category set to Interfaces
- Status changed from New to Confirmed
- Assignee set to Chris Buechler
- Priority changed from High to Normal
- Target version set to 2.3.2
- Affected Version set to 2.3.x
- Status changed from Confirmed to Feedback
PR fixes, merged. leaving to confirm once it hits a snapshot
Minor description correction: ...is no longer included in the actual DHCP server config file.. should read ...is no longer included in the actual DHCP config file...
- Status changed from Feedback to Resolved
Also available in: Atom