DHCP Server: Dynamic DNS required fields are ambiguous
Plus Target Version:
This is a screenshot of the current DHCP Server's advanced Dynamic DNS options, as of 2.3.1-p5:
For the Domain key secret, the pfSense system requires this to be a key made with the
Not knowing what algorithm is needed here, I was using
HMAC-SHA512 for all my DNS keys. After three hours of poking, I realized it needs to be
HMAC-MD5, and fixed that issue.
I would suggest putting in the description for "DNS Domain key secret" that this has to be an
HMAC-MD5 key. Or, implement related feature request #6621 (https://redmine.pfsense.org/issues/6621).
Updated by Chris Buechler almost 7 years ago
- Category set to DHCP (IPv4)
- Status changed from New to Resolved
- Assignee set to Chris Buechler
- Priority changed from Normal to Very Low
- Target version set to 2.3.2
- Affected Version set to All
Thanks, committed clarification to description.