System->Update unavailable in WebGUI after connection failure during update
Using the WebGUI to update pfsense from 2.3.3_1 to 2.3.4.
During the update process (downloading packages) the network connection was lost.
- modem disconnected, OpenVPN connection to pfSense remote server dropped, WebGUI stalled in browser.
Re-established connection to network, connected OpenVPN, opened WebGUI to remote pfSense.
Attempted to restart update process, but update page was unavailable in WebGUI.
- Using either System->Update, or Dashboard Update link was always redirected to the Package Update page.
- System Upgrade WebGUI page was not listed - only package update, and install options.
- Reboot of pfsense did not restore the page. No access to System Update in WebGUI.
- Dashboard still reported upgrade was available.
Update was only possible through SSH/Console access.
- Established SSH connection to pfsense.
- Selected Console Upgrade, which continued the package downloads, and completed without further error.
- WebGUI disables ability to update pfSense, if the update process is interrupted due to network connection loss.
- Restart of pfSense does not restore WebGUI functionality.
- Upgrade completes without errors if resumed through console.