pfSense freezes during boot if DHCP client interface doesn't get a reponse from DHCP server
I can confirm I've seen same behavior
#2 Updated by Ron Rosen over 8 years ago
Similar behavior observed in 02-Nov-2010 (embedded) snapshot. To reproduce:
- Connect LAN. (May not be necessary, but not tested without LAN connection.)
- Connect WAN, configured for DHCP, to network that will not issue a DHCP address.
- Boot router. LAN and WAN ports will both go inactive.
- Disconnect LAN and WAN connections.
- Wait (10 seconds?)
- Reconnect LAN. Router will complete boot.