Multiple node Sync HAProxy configuration to backup CARP members via XMLRPC.
We have a cluster of 3x PFSense Firewalls running in 3 AZs on AWS.
FW-A (AZ-A) is configured to sync to FW-B (AZ-B) which then syncs to FW-C (AZ-C)
This works perfectly for all components of PFSense except for HAProxy.
HAProxy only syncs from FW-A (AZ-A) to FW-B (AZ-B).
The only workaround currently to get the changes thru to all AZs after making a change on FW-A is to
1. Disable the HAProxy sync on FW-B
2. Click Save & Apply Changes
3. Enable the HAProxy sync on FW-B
4. Click Save & Apply Changes
This does however only do the sync once from FW-B to FW-C and the same process needs to be followed again if an update is made to HAProxy on FW-A
#1 Updated by Jim Pingle 8 months ago
- Tracker changed from Bug to Feature
- Project changed from pfSense to pfSense Packages
- Category set to haproxy
- Priority changed from Normal to Very Low
- Affected Version deleted (
- Affected Architecture deleted (
XMLRPC is not designed to be used with more than one node. It does, on occasion, but only by accident.