DHCPv6 service Dynamic DNS errors
1) The DHCPv6 Server & RA page is not allow to enter IPv6 address in DDNS Server IP field (IPv4?)
2) The DHCPv6 Server & RA page DDNS Domain Key name may only contain the characters a-z, A-Z 0-9, '-' and '_'
'=', '@', '.', '^', etc. are special characters and dhcpd doesn't start if config contains it
3) The DynDNS secret must be enclosed in quotes (“secret”), otherwise you will get error message:
/services_dhcpv6.php: The command '/usr/local/sbin/dhcpd -6 -user dhcpd -group _dhcp -chroot /var/dhcpd -cf /etc/dhcpdv6.conf -pf /var/run/dhcpdv6.pid vtnet2' returned exit code '1', the output was 'Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Server 4.4.1 Copyright 2004-2018 Internet Systems Consortium. All rights reserved. For info, please visit https://www.isc.org/software/dhcp/ /etc/dhcpdv6.conf line 27: partial base64 value left over: 3. \x09secret 123; ^ Configuration file errors encountered -- exiting If you think you have received this message due to a bug rather than a configuration issue please read the section on submitting bugs on either our web page at www.isc.org or in the README file before submitting a bug. These pages explain the proper process and the information we find helpful for debugging. exiting.'
tested on pfSense 2.5.0.a.20200314.1917
Updated by Jim Pingle about 2 years ago
- Status changed from Feedback to Resolved
1) The code now supports IPv6 addresses in the DNS server field(s).
2) The domain key is properly validated now
3) The secret field is now properly labeled as being a base64 encoded value when the field is empty (placeholder).
Seems OK enough for now to me. The secret could probably use some better validation eventually but I'm not sure how flexible PHP lets us be here in ensuring a value can be properly decoded from Base64.