radvd.conf keeps old configuration
radvd.conf keeps the old configuration when you switch "IPv6 Configuration Type" to non-Static (DHCP6,SLAAC) IPv6 type
How to reproduce:
1) Set the interface IPv6 Configuration Type to Static IPv6
2) Setup the interface Router Advertisements mode
3) Set the interface IPv6 Configuration Type to non-Static IPv6
4) /var/etc/radvd.conf still keeps the interface RA configuration
#5 Updated by Max Leighton 2 months ago
- Status changed from Feedback to Resolved
built on Thu Feb 04 22:53:51 CST 2021
With router advertisements enabled on an interface, changing to dynamic IPv6 configuration type is no longer possible with the warning:
"The Router Advertisements Server is active on this interface and it can be used only with a static IPv6 configuration. Please disable the Router Advertisements Server service on this interface first, then change the interface configuration."
Once disabling RA on the interface, /var/etc/radvd.conf has no configuration for that interface and changing to DHCPv6 is once again possible.
Marking the ticket resolved.