Toggling pfSense update branch can lead to deinstall of packages without user confirmation
Merely changing update branch in System -> Update -> Update settings to RC should not modify the system.
Some packages are deinstall in the background without user instruction or confirmation.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Have a bunch of packages installed, among them is FRR. FRR is BGP announcing some IPv6 prefix.
2) Go to System -> Update -> Update settings. Change branch from stable to RC. Hit Save. - see attached pfs2.PNG. Return to dashboard.
3) View list of installed packages. All packages are present. Some show updates available due to newer branch. - see attached pfs1.PNG
4) Do nothing to packages. Base system is still 2.4.5-p1. Do not update system or packages. Return to dashboard.
5) Decide not to do anything with RC, go back to System -> Update -> Update settings and set branch back to 2.4.x stable - see attached pfs3.PNG.
6) Notice FRR no longer announcing the prefix. Go back to package manager and view list of packages. FRR and some others have been unilaterally deinstalled. See attached pfs4.PNG