Incorrect DHCP failover IP address configured on peer after XMLRPC sync
`/etc/rc.filter_synchronize` uses `guess_interface_from_ip()` which returns only first (top-down) interface from the `route_get($ipaddress)` output (which is slow, see #11475)
how to reproduce:
1) LAN (vtnet0) - 192.168.88.41/24, used for DHCP (failover IP on secondary - 192.168.88.42);
2) Create OpenVPN p2p instance with remote network 192.168.0.0/16;
now `guess_interface_from_ip("192.168.88.42")` returns 'ovpns1', cause it first in the `netstat -rn` output:
netstat -rn | grep 192.168.
192.168.0.0/16 10.78.78.2 UGS ovpns2
192.168.88.0/24 link#1 U vtnet0
192.168.88.41 link#1 UHS lo0
- Tracker changed from Bug to Regression
- Target version set to CE-Next
- Status changed from New to Pull Request Review
- Status changed from Pull Request Review to Feedback
- Assignee set to Viktor Gurov
PR has been merged. Thanks!
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Status changed from Feedback to Waiting on Merge
- Target version changed from CE-Next to 2.5.1
- Status changed from Waiting on Merge to Feedback
Cherry-picked to RELENG_2_5_1
- Subject changed from Incorrect DHCP failover IP on XMLRPC sync to Incorrect DHCP failover IP address configured on peer after XMLRPC sync
Updating subject for release notes.
Also available in: Atom