OpenVPN status page improvements
Plus Target Version:
There are a few things that need fixed up on the OpenVPN status page:
- The OpenVPN status page is misinterpreting some client/p2p status messages. See the "state" section on https://github.com/OpenVPN/openvpn/blob/master/doc/management-notes.txt
- On a related note, some states have a sub-state/detail string that we should pass through if it's present.
- Some sub-states also replace the state, e.g. "reconnecting,server_poll" isn't really reconnecting, it's waiting for incoming connections.
- The formatting of the "state 1" output is more consistent these days and all of the code around that could be cleaned up significantly.
- The server and client status entries should print the interface name (e.g. ovpns1, ovpnc2)
- The service status and control icons on client/p2p status are badly formatted, using a table in a table for no clear reason
- Service status and control icons on server instances are formatted differently also for no clear reason, would make more sense to have them on the right to match the others.
- Would be handy to have an icon to edit a specific instance but that may not be possible without more significant work to load VPN instances by the internal vpnid rather than array index.
Updated by Jim Pingle over 1 year ago
Draft MR (WIP): https://gitlab.netgate.com/pfSense/pfSense/-/merge_requests/762