DNS resolver does not update its configuration or reload during link down events
Plus Target Version:
How to reproduce:
1) Configure the interface with Static IPv4
2) Select this interface in the "Network Interfaces" and/or "Outgoing Network Interfaces" list on the Services / DNS Resolver page
3) Disconnect this interface
3) Check the interface/outgoing-interface entries in /var/unbound/unbound.conf
4) /var/unbound/unbound.conf contains a disconnected interface IP
5) If you restart the service, the unbound.config won't contain disconnected interface IP anymore.
It's related to https://redmine.pfsense.org/issues/12613
- Subject changed from DNS resolver doesn't update unbound.conf file during Link down events to DNS resolver does not update ``unbound.conf`` file during link down events
- Target version changed from 23.01 to 2.7.0
- Related to Bug #12613: DNS Resolver does not restart during link up/down events on a static IP address interface added
- Plus Target Version changed from 22.09 to 22.11
- Plus Target Version changed from 22.11 to 23.01
- Assignee set to Jim Pingle
- Status changed from New to Feedback
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Status changed from Feedback to Resolved
built on Thu Dec 01 06:04:55 UTC 2022
It works as expected.
I am marking this ticket resolved.
- Subject changed from DNS resolver does not update ``unbound.conf`` file during link down events to DNS resolver does not update its configuration or reload during link down events
Also available in: Atom