pfBlockerNG changes firewall URLs to unparseable
It seems like the Auto creation of the update-urls in Firewall->Aliases->URLs get some addition which should not be there.
This results in these errors in the log:
If I remove the HTML part at the end, it runs perfectly. But it will be returned to this faulty state after a while.
Updated by Danilo Zrenjanin about 2 months ago
I couldn't replicate the issue on the 22.05 pfSense release.
I tested against:
We recommend using the devel version.
Can you please provide more information (pfSense version, pfBlockerNG version) and steps to replicate the issue?
Updated by Per-Arne Hellarvik about 2 months ago
Steps to recreate:
Run wizard and (re)create the default setup.
It might be of interest that I have uninstalled and installed pfBlockerNG a couple of times, and some of the times I have removed the firewall rules and url's manually because I wanted a clean slate. But the wizard should clean up any manual removals I have done.
Updated by Marcos M about 2 months ago
- Status changed from New to Rejected
<br /> shown there is done on purpose - this affects the alias details when hovering over an alias on the firewall rules page. The URL/value that is actually saved is not affected by this, hence this is not the reason for the errors in the log. Those errors are due to the content at those URLs not being in the correct format or not reachable.