Use netstat output for interface packet counters
Currently the In/Out Packets counters shown for Interface Status are taken from pfctl. Hence they show the identical values as In/out packets (pass).
However for some interface types, VTI for example, traffic is not filtered on the interface which results in the counters always showing zero.
Those counters were taken from netstat at one time but were switched to pfctl in pfSense 2.0 because it used 64bit counters. Since then netstat has moved to 64bit counters and provides more useful values for all interface types.
Updated by Steve Wheeler 2 months ago
- Project changed from pfSense Plus to pfSense
- Category changed from Web Interface to Web Interface
- Plus Target Version set to 23.05
Updated by Jim Pingle 2 months ago
- Category changed from Web Interface to Interfaces
Also netstat has libxo support so getting the data should be fairly simple (e.g.
netstat -ni --libxo=json)
Updated by Jim Pingle about 2 months ago
- Plus Target Version changed from 23.05 to 23.09
Doesn't look likely that we'll have time to finish this for 23.05. Moving forward to the next release target.