CARP not enabled upon creation of first CARP IP
On a new system, after creating a new CARP VIP, the CARP Status gadget for the dashboard shows "Disabled".
Turns out you have to go to Status->CARP and click "Enable CARP" before CARP works.
This conflicts with standard practice of always using CARP VIPs, and nothing indicates that CARP needs to be "enabled", whatever that means.
Fixes #4633 Enable carp packets to flow on the first carp interface creation. This is needed only when the system is booted up without any carp vip configured
#1 Updated by Chris Buechler over 4 years ago
- Project changed from pfSense Packages to pfSense
- Subject changed from CARP not enabled by default to CARP not enabled upon creation of first CARP IP
- Category set to CARP
- Status changed from New to Confirmed
- Target version set to 2.2.3
- Affected Version changed from 2.2.2 to 2.2