Project

General

Profile

Bug #4888

URL Port alias causes error loading rules in 2.2.4

Added by Phillip Davis over 4 years ago. Updated about 4 years ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority:
High
Assignee:
Category:
Rules / NAT
Target version:
Start date:
07/27/2015
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
Affected Version:
2.2.4
Affected Architecture:

Description

Forum: https://forum.pfsense.org/index.php?topic=97101.0
It seems I did not consider the url_port alias type when "fixing" https://redmine.pfsense.org/issues/4844
This pull request for RELENG_2_2 hopefully will fix it: https://github.com/pfsense/pfsense/pull/1792
Awaiting forum feedback to confirm.
When fix is confirmed I will also make a pull request to master.

History

#1 Updated by Phillip Davis over 4 years ago

Oops, I put url_port instead of url_ports in that first pull request.
A hopefully better attempt is https://github.com/pfsense/pfsense/pull/1794

There is also the possibility of urltable_ports - I don't think that case is needed here, but now I need to try it.

#2 Updated by Phillip Davis over 4 years ago

For master: https://github.com/pfsense/pfsense/commit/8e24ffdd7a0cea3580f15317275128c6abe924d2
For RELENG_2_2 and 2.2.5: https://github.com/pfsense/pfsense/commit/d7b67981909a17f575aaa90f4468b3b9ad1dffde

I really hope this is the last time I ever need to touch this line of code. Hopefully when moving to snake code in V3 we can turn a lot of these data types into objects and have everything "just work" without complicated tests all over the place.

#3 Updated by Chris Buechler over 4 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Feedback

thanks Phil. Agree on getting rid of all the complications here. I went through and tested it all myself too after your changes, and had forgotten that functionality even existed. Added to our test cases now, so we should catch any similar issues in the future.

#4 Updated by Chris Buechler about 4 years ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to Resolved

fixed

Also available in: Atom PDF