Can't edit DHCP static mappings
When trying to add a static IP assignment under DHCP server, you get an error "The IP address must lie in the LAN subnet." even though the IP that was entered is indeed within the subnet and is also outside of the DHCP scope. Previous entries that were created under a prior version can no longer be edited due to the same error.
#2 Updated by Chris Buechler over 4 years ago
- Subject changed from The IP address must lie in the LAN subnet error to Can't edit DHCP static mappings
- Category set to Web Interface
- Status changed from New to Confirmed
- Target version set to 2.3
- Affected Version set to 2.3
I see the issue, if you edit an existing static mapping on 2.3, it fails input validation.
#4 Updated by Phillip Davis over 4 years ago
PR https://github.com/pfsense/pfsense/pull/2292 should fix this.
I also added checks to stop people using the network address or broadcast address - I can't think of a use case where those would be valid as DHCP static mapped addresses.
This is a similar problem to https://redmine.pfsense.org/issues/5654