Project

General

Profile

Todo #5777

Review code for text that is not internationalized well

Added by Phillip Davis over 3 years ago. Updated about 3 years ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
-
Category:
Web Interface
Target version:
Start date:
01/18/2016
Due date:
01/22/2016
% Done:

10%

Estimated time:
16.00 h

Description

1) In some places there are "raw" text strings not wrapped in any gettext() call - so they have no chance to be translated to another language.
2) Some strings are built up with multiple sentence fragments, each fragment using its own gettext() call, with variables concatenated between the fragments. This is a problem when translating to target languages that have different grammatical word orders. Fix these up so that the whole sentence is constructed with a single gettext() call wrapped in sprintf() with the needed %s parameter or %$1s, %$2s parameters to allow flexible run-time parameter insertion in a translated sentence.
3) Fix any other wacky internationalization seen along the way.

I have already done /usr/local/www/diag*.php to get a feel for what is needed. I am happy to continue over the next few days - I don't think it should take very long.

History

#1 Updated by Steve Beaver over 3 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Resolved
  • Assignee deleted (Phillip Davis)

Internationalization effort is about complete. Any further issues can be addressed as found.

#2 Updated by Phillip Davis over 3 years ago

I am gradually getting through /usr/local/www - keep getting distracted by finding other things along the way!
I have finished up to services_d* - and I know some others submitted stuff recently for later files in /usr/local/www
I will continue my "quick" scan through the UI code and hopefully finish by the end of the week.

#3 Updated by Phillip Davis about 3 years ago

I finished reviewing files in /usr/local/www and /etc/inc
The last commit is https://github.com/pfsense/pfsense/commit/51a14c58a0f6728032a41626480f6f547e16f511
This is generally done and those who work on translations can now get on with their job based on a stable set of strings to translate for 2.3.

Also available in: Atom PDF