Cannot update with /var as RAM disk
When using /var as a RAM disk on a full install, you end up with "unable to check for updates".
Updated by Renato Botelho over 5 years ago
- Status changed from Confirmed to Assigned
- Assignee changed from Renato Botelho to Steve Beaver
The problem happens only when the 'Use RAM Disks' is changed in system_advanced_misc.php but box is not rebooted. The solution will be change system_advanced_misc.php to:
1. Detect when this option is changed
2. Ask user a confirmation before save saying box will reboot immediately
3. If he confirms, save and reboot
Updated by Steve Beaver over 5 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Feedback
- Assignee changed from Steve Beaver to Chris Buechler
Implemented as requested. If the "Use Ramdisk" setting is changed by the user they will be prompted to confirm on save. If they select "Yes" the change will be saved and the firewall will reboot.