Project

General

Profile

Bug #64

VLAN interface choices in 2.0 (creating, assigning)

Added by Jim Pingle almost 10 years ago. Updated over 9 years ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority:
Low
Assignee:
-
Category:
Web Interface
Target version:
Start date:
08/26/2009
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Estimated time:
Affected Version:
2.0
Affected Architecture:

Description

While fixing some other issues I noticed that when you attempt to create additional VLANs, the VLAN interfaces are also offered as potential parents. Furthermore, when assigning interfaces the VLAN interfaces show up twice, once as usual ("VLAN 10 on em0") and then again as "em0_vlan10 (xx:...:xx)"

This seems to be a side effect of the VLAN interface naming changes, and they are being included since the interface name starts with a supported driver: "em0_vlan10" does start with "em".

It probably needs some extra checks to exclude interfaces from those places that have "vlan" in the actual interface name.

vlan-config-problem.png (6.09 KB) vlan-config-problem.png Jim Pingle, 09/09/2009 07:55 PM
vlan-assign-problem.png (4.22 KB) vlan-assign-problem.png Jim Pingle, 09/09/2009 07:55 PM

Associated revisions

Revision 6f8662b9 (diff)
Added by Ermal Luçi almost 10 years ago

Correctly fix Bug #64.

History

#1 Updated by Ermal Luçi almost 10 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Feedback

It should be fixed as of now.

Forgotten reference to the issue during commit.

#2 Updated by Jim Pingle almost 10 years ago

I did a sync on a 2.0 test box just now and I still see a VLAN interfaces in both of the places I mentioned, as new VLAN parent choices, and as interfaces to assign.

Now I only see one of the incorrect VLAN interface choices listed, but I have two defined. I think before they had both shown up but I'd have to revert and try it again to be sure. So it's a little better than it was before at least.

#3 Updated by Ermal Luçi almost 10 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Feedback
  • % Done changed from 0 to 100

https://rcs.pfsense.org/projects/pfsense/repos/mainline/commits/6f8662b948dd176534b4af836e147401d33e5ee1
This fixes it.
Seems netstat has problems with such long interface names.

#4 Updated by Chris Buechler over 9 years ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to Resolved

part of this is fixed, the remaining issue is covered in a ticket I opened today.

Also available in: Atom PDF