pfsense alias complains about well known name for non well known port
when attempting to add a new port alias [firewall -> aliases -> ports -> add], for example, for mdns [udp port 5353], pfsense complains "The alias name must not be a well-known TCP or UDP port name [...]" [see attached screen shot].
well known ports are 0-1023. if this mechanism is actually checking more than just well-known ports, and is working as intended, to include all official/registered ports in the constraint, it would be best if the feedback conveyed that.
Updated by Jim Pingle over 3 years ago
- Category set to Rules / NAT
- Status changed from New to Assigned
- Assignee set to Jim Pingle
- Priority changed from Normal to Very Low
- Target version set to 2.4.4
- Affected Version set to All
- Affected Architecture All added
- Affected Architecture deleted (