Gateway monitoring stops after interface goes down
2.0-BETA4 Wed Sep 8 05:47:43 UTC 201
Further background info in Bug #920
1) Set WAN monitor IP to 126.96.36.199
2) Power off DSL modem that is connected to pfsense WAN port
3) Within a few seconds under Status > Gateways and Status > Interfaces the change is noted, all traffic from LAN is properly routed to 2nd interface. Note the "Last Check Time" for the interface we brought down in step 2.
4) Power back DSL modem within 1-2 minutes max the PPPoE session is re-established and shown correctly under Status > Interfaces
5) The "Last Check Time" for the gateway is not updated after step 2 is completed.
Status > Gateways reads:
Online Last check Sep 2010 22:54:05 -0400
Offline Last check Sep 2010 22:29:03 -0400