Todo #8350: Remove clog in favor of standard syslogd or syslogd alternative with rotation via newsyslog or logrotate
Re-evaluate log size, line defaults, and limits
The current limits for log sizes, default lines to display, and maximum lines that can be shown are all from times when systems were much smaller/less powerful.
Log size may still be OK now that rotated copies don't count against it, but needs checked.
Default log lines to display should probably be higher, 250-500 or so.
Max lines to display is currently limited to 2000 but should be much higher.
Log setting/size review. Fixes #9734
- Move default GUI line limit and log size defaults to $g rather than
- Set default GUI line limit to 500 (up from 50)
- Set max GUI line limit to 200000 (up from 2000)
- Set default log size to 512000 (500 KiB, previous clog default was 511488)
- Set filter summary default to 10000 (up from 5000)
- Standardized input type and placeholders for GUI line limit and log
size between global and per-log settings.