- Login: royce
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registered on: 03/01/2011
- Last connection: 11/30/2022
- 01:54 PM pfSense Bug #13713 (New): intermittent display of CPU Current / Max speed in System Information dashboard panel
- A cosmetic / UX issue.
When CPU powerd / scaling is enabled, the "Current: X MHz, Max: Y MHz" text is di...
- 01:06 PM pfSense Bug #13252 (New): reduce frequency of php-fpm socket connection attempts from check_reload_status
- When troubleshooting an issue, I discovered that my system logs were rotating every couple of minutes, due to many of...
- 10:35 AM pfSense Bug #12800: Suboptimal Password Hashing
- In #12863, I propose a (surprisingly simple) solution that dramatically increases the strength of the sha512crypt has...
- 10:30 AM pfSense Feature #12863: dynamically tune sha512crypt rounds
- Jim Pingle wrote in #note-2:
> Dynamic tuning sounds like more trouble than it's worth, IMO. We'd have to test and ca...
- 12:37 AM pfSense Feature #12863: dynamically tune sha512crypt rounds
- > and to match the sha512crypt
*match the salts in the various sha512crypt @mkpasswd@ implementations.
- 12:16 AM pfSense Feature #12863 (New): dynamically tune sha512crypt rounds
- As touched on in #12800 and #12855, sha512crypt's default number of rounds (5000) can be cracked relatively quickly b...
- 02:05 PM pfSense Feature #12855: GUI option to select the user password hashing algorithm
- Jim Pingle wrote:
> Though we could offer a higher number of rounds with SHA512, the number of rounds must be identi...
- 01:52 PM pfSense Bug #12800: Suboptimal Password Hashing
- Sounds like a solid way forward - much appreciated!
I do want to point out that whether or not something is dire, vs...
- 12:07 PM pfSense Bug #12800: Suboptimal Password Hashing
- If this change is for potential compliance purposes, such as FIPS, a good compromise might be:
* Expose a UI eleme...
- 05:15 PM pfSense Bug #12800: Suboptimal Password Hashing
- Steve's benchmark information is more representative of real-world attack than the earlier examples, because GPU atta...
Also available in: Atom