Feedback on Backup and Restore — Automatically Restore a pfSense Configuration During Installation
I am missing relevant info on this page!
A few points:
1) it is not logical that in procedure "Configuration from USB during Install"the folder should be conf where in procedure "External Configuration Locator (ECL)" the folder should be config. If correct than strange!
2) the usb should be formatted dos or fat. I asume fat32 is also OK and perhaps exFat as well!?
3) related to procedure "External Configuration Locator (ECL)" I also wonder, if after the initial boot config from the USB will copied to the boot disk4) Also intresting to know if the ECL procedure can be used as a permanent solution. I mean It would be very intresting if the USB-cofig would always prevail above the bootdisk config.
- That would make it posible to split system and config
- And would make it possible to boot an older config in case something went very wrong with the actual config (system does not boot any more)
5) nothing to do with the doc, but personally I would prefer a folder like /pfsense/config/ since that would allow me to use the usb for multiple purposes.