HAProxy frontend and backend entry limit
There seems to be some sort of limit in the number of entries/rows you can have in a single haproxy frontend or backend.
- In backends, it shows an error after clicking save at 292 server rows. Error: The value " in field 'Client timeout' is not a number
- In frontends, it shows an error after clicking save at 122 action rows with 1 ext address entry. Depending on the combination of entries(ext address entries, acl entries, action entries), the overall limit changes. Error: The field 'Strict-Transport-Security' is not empty or a number.
This is reproducible in 2.5.0, 2.4.5-p1, as well as haproxy and haproxy-devel packages.Steps to reproduce:
- Start with a default configuration of haproxy-devel
- Click Add to create a front end; give it a name.
- Click the arrow to add an action; leave everything else as is.
- Click Save.
- Edit the new frontend and duplicate the action entry until there's a total of 121, then click save.
- Edit the new frontend and create 1 duplicate action entry and click save.
- Error appears.
#1 Updated by Marcos Mendoza about 1 month ago
- File error-backend.png error-backend.png added
- File error-frontend.png error-frontend.png added
- File success [20-09-29 09-10-07].har success [20-09-29 09-10-07].har added
- File fail [20-09-29 09-10-35].har fail [20-09-29 09-10-35].har added
Some additional files from testing.
#3 Updated by Jim Pingle about 1 month ago
The input variable change is an OK workaround (I'm not sure why it's at 5000) but also the form code should probably be improved so that it only submits relevant variables. Somehow I doubt it should be submitting 5000 variables for only <= 300 entries.
This happened to ACME a while back, the same fix may apply here: