radvd: use virtual link local IP as source address in HA setups
If radvd is configured with RA interface set to a virtual link local IP, then add it to
radvd.conf. This ensures that the virtual IP is advertised as the gateway address to clients.
#1 Updated by Lorenz Schori 2 months ago
Instructions for testing this feature:
- Setup HA cluster with primary and fallback
- Setup a IPv6 link-local VIP on the LAN interface, e.g.:
- Configure the link-local VIP as the
RA Interfaceon primary and fallback hosts
radvd.confis present with a configuration section for the LAN interface on both machines (primary and fallback)
- RA packets are sent by the primary host with the VIP as source address, no RA packets are sent by the fallback host.
- RA packets are sent by the fallback host with the VIP as source address as soon as the VIP switches over to the fallback host. No RA packets are sent by the primary host.
- Default route on client machines stays the same regardless whether the VIP is currently on primary or fallback host.