"Dark" theme does not sufficiently distinguish between selected and deselected elements in option lists
The options within
select elements are hard to see when hovering over them. See attached
option-background-current.png. This applies to Firefox and Chromium browsers when the browser/OS theme is set to dark.
- File selection_hover_fix.png selection_hover_fix.png added
- File selection_hover.png selection_hover.png added
- Subject changed from Improve visibility of option selections in dark themes to Highlighted options within drop-down lists are difficult to differentiate in the dark theme.
- Description updated (diff)
- Status changed from New to Pull Request Review
- Assignee set to Marcos M
- Target version set to 2.7.0
- Plus Target Version set to 23.01
- Affected Version deleted (
There exist a number of workarounds with mixed complexity and compatibility between different browsers and even versions of the same browser. The simplest solution here is to adjust the background color of the
select element when it's in focus to something with higher contrast. This avoids conflicts with other style choices such as when an element is disabled.
Updated by Jim Pingle 2 months ago
- Subject changed from Highlighted options within drop-down lists are difficult to differentiate in the dark theme. to "Dark" theme does not sufficiently distinguish between selected and deselected elements in option lists
- Start date deleted (