Feedback on System Monitoring — Remote Logging with Syslog
correction:in the section Setup Syslog on the Logging Host
- the link for the kiwi syslog server free no longer works and points to the downloads page but does not list Kiwi. I would update the list to https://www.solarwinds.com/free-tools/kiwi-free-syslog-server . This change might be because they now require registration.
in the section Other Logging Servers
- can you add hyperlinks as follows for the following servers so people know they are on the right site.
- Splunk = https://www.splunk.com/
- ELSA = ? - This might not be a particular system and in which case can you add in brackets (Enterprise Log Search and Archive)
- ELK = ? can you add what the 3 letters stand for if a full system a hyperlink
- can you add graylog
- This offers a genourous free and a paid for option.
- There are many videos out there including from lawrence systems
- can you mention in what scenarios you would use syslog-ng as there is limited information on when you would use it on pfSense. General points for this would be suitable.
pfSense v2.6.0 CE
Updated by Jim Pingle 2 months ago
- Assignee set to Jim Pingle
Updating the links is OK, but adding more info on syslog-ng should go in its own separate doc somewhere. It doesn't currently have its own documentation and mixing it into the base system docs isn't a good idea. That would be a separate request for new content, though, not lumped into this.