Project

General

Profile

Actions

Feature #14402

closed

Dynamic DNS support for Porkbun

Added by Nita Vesa 11 months ago. Updated 5 months ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
Category:
Dynamic DNS
Target version:
Start date:
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Estimated time:
Plus Target Version:
23.09
Release Notes:
Default

Description

This feature adds the ability to use Porkbun (porkbun.com) DNS as a dynamic DNS service.


Files

clipboard-202308091035-0gmud.png (40.2 KB) clipboard-202308091035-0gmud.png Lev Prokofev, 08/09/2023 06:35 AM
Actions #1

Updated by Adrien Carlyle 10 months ago

I'm interested in this because Google Domains customers are being sold to Squarespace, but Squarespace does not have dynamic DNS. Porkbun seems to be a great option to migrate to. Porkbun is supported by the pfsense ACME plugin, but not DDNS.

Here is a link to porkbun's API documentation for Creation/Update of DNS entries.

https://porkbun.com/api/json/v3/documentation#DNS%20Create%20Record:~:text=Porkbun%20DNS%20API-,DNS%20Create%20Record,-Create%20a%20DNS

EDIT: looks like OP already submitted a PR: https://www.reddit.com/r/PFSENSE/comments/13mndpb/comment/jl09cgz/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Actions #2

Updated by Nita Vesa 10 months ago

Adrien Carlyle wrote in #note-1:

EDIT: looks like OP already submitted a PR: https://www.reddit.com/r/PFSENSE/comments/13mndpb/comment/jl09cgz/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

The proper PR is rather at https://github.com/pfsense/pfsense/pull/4639 😊 I'm no PHP-wizard, so I'm just waiting for someone to double-check that I didn't make any major mistakes and then hopefully the devs will at some point approve the PR.

Actions #3

Updated by Adrien Carlyle 10 months ago

I'm using pfsense+ 23.05-Release

I was able to import this PR using the patches plugin via this URL https://github.com/pfsense/pfsense/pull/4639.diff

I was able to immediately configure Porkbun DDNS for an A and AAAA record.
During testing I tried to update an A record that had the correct IP already.
I then changed the IP and then force updated it successfully.

For the AAAA I just set it up in DDNS and it was successfully created with the correct value.

Actions #4

Updated by Nita Vesa 9 months ago

  • Status changed from New to Feedback
  • % Done changed from 0 to 100
Actions #5

Updated by Jim Pingle 9 months ago

  • Assignee set to Jim Pingle
  • Target version set to 2.8.0
  • Plus Target Version set to 23.09

PR merged, thanks!

Actions #6

Updated by Jim Pingle 8 months ago

  • Subject changed from Add Dynamic DNS support for Porkbun to Dynamic DNS support for Porkbun

Updating subject for release notes.

Actions #7

Updated by Lev Prokofev 8 months ago

Work as expected, tested on

23.05.1-RELEASE (amd64)
built on Wed Jun 28 03:57:27 UTC 2023
FreeBSD 14.0-CURRENT

Actions #8

Updated by Jim Pingle 8 months ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to Resolved
Actions #9

Updated by Jim Pingle 5 months ago

  • Target version changed from 2.8.0 to 2.7.1
Actions

Also available in: Atom PDF