Project

General

Profile

Actions

Regression #14690

closed

Creating or duplicating an IPsec P1 entry does not increment the IKE ID

Added by Clinton Cory 8 months ago. Updated 6 months ago.

Status:
Resolved
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
Category:
IPsec
Target version:
Start date:
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Estimated time:
Plus Target Version:
23.09
Release Notes:
Force Exclusion
Affected Version:
2.8.0
Affected Architecture:

Description

pfSense 23.09-DEV build from today
VPN -> IPSec. I select the button to "copy phase 1 entry" for a P1 I created. The P1 and P2s are copied to a new entry but the same Connection ID (1) is used. This results in only being able to view the most recent copy under IPSec -> Status. If I disable the copy, and enable the original P1, it does not show up under IPSec -> Status. If I disable the original and enable the copy, I can see it under IPSec -> Status.

Actions #1

Updated by Jim Pingle 8 months ago

  • Project changed from pfSense Plus to pfSense
  • Subject changed from IPSec "copy phase 1 entry" - duplicate connection ID to IPsec "Copy phase 1 entry" function copies the IKE ID which should be unique
  • Category changed from IPsec to IPsec
  • Assignee set to Jim Pingle
  • Target version changed from 23.09 to 2.8.0
  • Affected Plus Version deleted (23.09)
  • Plus Target Version set to 23.09

Not specific to plus, happens on CE as well.

Actions #2

Updated by Jim Pingle 8 months ago

  • Subject changed from IPsec "Copy phase 1 entry" function copies the IKE ID which should be unique to Creating or duplicating an IPsec P1 entry does not increment the IKE ID
  • Status changed from New to In Progress

It's worse than that, even creating a new tunnel from scratch has a duplicate ID.

Actions #3

Updated by Jim Pingle 8 months ago

  • Tracker changed from Bug to Regression
  • Affected Version set to 2.8.0

This regressed after the last release. It's OK on 23.05.1 and 2.7.0, but broken in the current code. Looks like a variable name change was made and then a later change unintentionally reverted just one of the lines to the old name.

Fix coming momentarily.

Actions #4

Updated by Jim Pingle 8 months ago

  • Status changed from In Progress to Feedback
  • % Done changed from 0 to 100
Actions #5

Updated by Jim Pingle 8 months ago

  • Release Notes changed from Default to Force Exclusion

Excluding from release notes since it was never a problem in a release version.

Actions #6

Updated by Lev Prokofev 8 months ago

Tested on

23.09-DEVELOPMENT (amd64)
built on Wed Aug 23 06:05:57 UTC 2023
FreeBSD 14.0-ALPHA2

The issue does not occur on the fresh build.

Actions #7

Updated by Jim Pingle 8 months ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to Resolved
Actions #8

Updated by Jim Pingle 6 months ago

  • Target version changed from 2.8.0 to 2.7.1
Actions

Also available in: Atom PDF