Direction wrong in traffic graph (lan)
On my LAN graph I see outgoing traffic (downloads) ok (out), but under Bandwidth
Updated by Renato Botelho almost 9 years ago
- Affected Version set to All
- Affected Architecture All added
- Affected Architecture deleted (
After investigation, i figured out the root cause of this issue. For LAN interface:
- pfSense_get_interface_stats() is used for plot the graph and it considers the traffic as OUT.
- /usr/local/bin/rate is used to build the table with Host IP information, and it considers the traffic as IN.
Updated by Phillip Davis over 8 years ago
Forum thread http://forum.pfsense.org/index.php/topic,59714.0.html
Now the bandwidth by IP display shows separate entries for the source and destination IPs with each IP showing its In and Out figures. (i.e. every byte count appears in 2 entries - 1 for the local IP, and 1 for the remote IP - e.g. when downloading and displaying for LAN, In from the remote internet site IP is high, and out to the local LAN IP is high. That is good/correct!)
It would be good to have an option to display only the "local" IPs or only the "remote" IPs.