Console and web UI updates fail on full installs when ramdisk is enabled.
Steps to replicate:
1) Enable ramdisk for /tmp and /var (mine are set to 256mb each).
3) Attempting to upgrade from either console or web UI results in "ERROR: It was not possible to identify which pfSense kernel is installed".
Additionally, both available and installed packages pages show as empty, and Dashboard is unable to detect if a new version is available.
Disabling ramdisk followed by a reboot makes upgrades available again.
See https://forum.pfsense.org/index.php?topic=102710.0 for discussion.
Updated by Chris Buechler almost 6 years ago
- Subject changed from Console and web UI updates fail when ramdisk is enabled. to Console and web UI updates fail on full installs when ramdisk is enabled.
- Category set to Upgrade
- Status changed from New to Confirmed
- Assignee set to Renato Botelho
- Target version set to 2.3